Cost Negotiation and Metrics
- Responsible for improving IMU and average unit cost year over year
- Partner with cross-functional teams: PLM, Design, Product Development, QA, and Materials to cost engineer products that meet or exceed financial targets
- Negotiate cost with suppliers to best support company financial goals and long-term supplier partnership
- Understand fit and design modifications that affect price and follow through with vendors on updates as required
- Work with Manager to identify vendors that can execute the aesthetic requirements and deliver company financial goals. Counter-source costing and sampling with multiple vendors
- Communicate costing and MOQ issues to cross-functional teams and drive resolutions
- Report style costing for key meeting milestones: Line Reviews, Assortment Review, and Buy Meeting and additionally as requested by VP of Sourcing.
- Responsible for costing data integrity across multiple systems
Capacity Planning, Lead-Times, Pre-Production
- Negotiate fabric and garment production lead-times to ensure bulk commitments align with corporate calendar
- Process pre-production changes to vendors; communicate liability, quality, and delivery impact
- Responsible for gathering and negotiating lead-times, commit timing, and capacity.
- Maintain data integrity across multiple systems
- Proactively assist Manager to identify, assess, and implement process improvements to increase efficiencies and accuracy
- Collaborate with team members to apply consistent processes that work for all team members